Annual Refresher Courses
BSIS requires each officer to complete the Annual Refresher every year after the year they get their guard card in order to keep their training requirements up to date. Each officer must receive 8 hours of training per year, following the first year with 40 hours. Our 8-hour course covers a wide variety of topics and meets the BSIS’s annual training requirement.
Subjects covered include:
- Power to Arrest / Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Communication and Its Significance
- Public Relations
- Observation and Documentation
- Liability / Legal Aspects
- Arrests, Search and Seizure
We offer these courses both in-person at our facility and online at Valley Guard Online.