Before you can lawfully carry a baton on duty, you’ll need to have:
- A valid state issued ID or drivers license
- A valid California Guard Card or a copy of your guard card printout.
- A valid baton permit
As a licensed baton training facility (TFB 1336), Valley Guard Training can help you get the training you need to carry a baton. Both Guard Card applicants and licensed security guards are welcome to attend.
Our upcoming baton classes…
- Classes begin at 9am sharp, so please arrive early
- Be sure to wear comfortable closed toe shoes
February 24, 2020 – $195
PR-24 & ASP
February 24, 2020 – $220
PR-24 & ASP w/ OC
What you’ll learn
Our courses are designed to teach you everything you’ll need to know to carry and use a baton while on duty as a professional security officer. Subjects include:
- Moral and legal aspects of baton usage
- Issues concerning the use of force
- Baton familiarization and uses
- Fundamentals of baton handling, including:
- Stances and grips
- Target areas
- Defensive techniques
- Control and arrest techniques
- First aid for baton injuries
You’ll receive classroom instruction with student handouts as well as segments of practical application. All material is BSIS-approved.
How much does it cost?
Our baton class covers PR-24 baton and ASP baton for a total cost of $195.00 and includes your state permit. Permits are issued at the end of the class.
I lost my baton permit. Now what?
There’s no need to retake the course. Within 72 hours, you must:
- Notify your employer of the loss,
- Fill out the Application for Replacement License, and
- Mail the completed form to BSIS along with a check or money order in the amount of $25.
Allow up to 4-6 weeks for your replacement license to arrive.