BSIS Firearm Permit Training
If you need your BSIS Firearms Card, you’ve come to the right place.
Unlike other training facilities, Valley Guard Training offers classroom training, fingerprinting, and firearms training and shooting all under one roof. As an added bonus, after you finish your training you’ll get great deals on the use of our shooting range.
When are classes?
We offer training 7 days a week during our business hours. There’s no need to make an appointment. Walk-ins are welcome everyday. Come in whenever you are available and start immediately. This training program is individualized so you can go at your own pace.
What material does your training cover?
Our BSIS-approved training includes everything you’ll need to apply for your California Firearms Card, including:
- Classroom Training – You’ll learn the moral and legal aspects of firearms use, firearms nomenclature, weapons handling, de-escalation of force, shooting fundamentals, and emergency procedures.
- Range Training – Your range training will give you practice in the safe handling and firing of your weapon.
How much does it cost?
Our BSIS Firearms Permit training costs $454 and includes:
- Training Course
- Livescan fingerprinting
- Range fees
- Firearm rentals (Choice of 9mm, 40sw, 45acp, or 38spl / 357mag)
- Targets and ammunition (100 rds)
- State application fee
- State assesment
Come on in whenever you’re ready to get started. We’re open 7 days a week for your convenience.
Important information about renewing your BSIS Firearms Card
Your firearms permit expires two years from the date it is issued. You must requalify four times during the life of your permit:
- Twice during the first year after the date of issuance
- Twice during the second year
Requalifications must be at least four months apart and review of the de-escalation of force is required during each requalification.
You should submit your renewal application and all four re-qualifications to BSIS at least 60 days prior but not more than 90 days prior to the expiration date of your permit. You may not renew your permit once you have allowed it to expire. You’ll have to apply for a new permit instead, so be sure to stay up-to-date with your re-qualifications.
The current renewal fee is $118.